JOINT BASE LANGLEY-EUSTIS, Va., April 5, 2017 —
Transitioning to a new permanent change of station can be exciting, yet a hectic experience for service members and their family, particularly during the summer peak-moving season.
The primary goal of the 733rd Logistics Readiness Squadron personal property processing office is to provide personnel with necessary information to help ensure that they are adequately prepared for all phases of their PCS move, such as pre-move, packing, shipment pick-up and delivery at the final destination.
According to the personnel at the 733rd LRS, who have learned from years of experience, playing an active role in planning the movement of a member’s personal effects is absolutely essential. They have assembled a list of ideas and suggestions to help ensure sure service members and their families have a smooth and successful moving experience.
· When possible try to schedule move dates on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Avoid Monday and Friday.
· Avoid the last week of any month as tensions, delays and cancelations increase due to the sheer volume of moves.
· Provide Joint Personal property Shipping Office counselors legible orders and documents that can be read.
· Start working on securing move dates immediately after PCS orders are in hand. Any delay will limit JPPSO’s ability to accommodate service members’ preferred dates.
· Provide JPPSO counselors alternate move out dates that are at least two weeks out from the original date.
· Be aware that due to overall carrier capacity issues we may need to utilize origin storage in order to get you property picked up. If so, this could delay or add time to your delivery at destination.
· If pressed for time, seek alternate modes or sources of transportation during such as a Personally Procured Move, formerly known as a Do-It-Yourself Move, as an option.
· Avoid making major decisions or commitments until move dates are confirmed with the Transportation Service Provider or carrier.
According to the Joint Personal property Shipping Office, Northeast, they will utilize all resources available in an effort to accommodate service members during a PCS move, but service member’s flexibility and involvement is critical throughout the stressful moving process.
For further information, contact the Langley Personal Property Office at 764-4171/7868/7869 or JPPSO Northeast’s Customer Service Department at 781-377-3700 or 845-3700.