LANGLEY AIR FORCE BASE, Virginia –
The 1st Fighter Wing Tax Team has established a Tax Center for military members and their families. The tax center offers preparation and electronic filing of federal tax returns, preparation of state tax returns, advice and counseling on tax issues, and the distribution of various federal and state tax forms.
Bring the following to the Tax Center:
• A copy of last year’s tax return
• All W-2s received for the 2005 tax year (taxes will not be filed with the December 2005 LES)
• All 1098s and 1099s received for the 2005 tax year
• Proof of all dependents’ social security numbers (social security cards)
• Child Care Provider’s tax identification number or social security number and the total amount paid in child care for the year 2005
• If you are filing electronically, a voided check or statement from the bank with routing number and account information on it
• A Power of Attorney if you are filing a joint return and one party is unable to make the appointment. The Power of Attorney allows you to sign the tax return on his or her behalf The 1st Fighter Wing Tax Team is still in need of volunteers to serve as administrative support for the tax center.
If you are interested in volunteering and are active-duty military, please provide an appointment letter with name, rank, office symbol, and duty phone as soon as possible. You must have your supervisor’s, first sergeant’s, or commander’s permission to volunteer. If you are a retiree or military spouse, please contact the tax center.