Chief Master Sergeant Adam Guest is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 1st Fighter Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis AFB, Virginia. The wing is comprised of over 1,700 personnel, two airfields, two groups, and six squadrons; including two F-22 fighter squadrons and a T-38 fighter training squadron supporting Air Combat Command. Chief Guest is the senior enlisted advisor to the commander on all aspects of employment, readiness, training, resilience and professional development of the enlisted force. The 1st Fighter Wing executes worldwide rapid deployment and employment of F-22 air dominance fighters in support of Combatant Commander tasking.
Chief Guest grew up in Chamberlain, South Dakota, and entered the Air Force in June 1998 as a Munitions Systems Apprentice. Throughout his career, he has filled a myriad of roles including Wing Weapons Safety Manager, First Sergeant, Munitions Accountability Systems Officer, Squadron Superintendent, and Group Superintendent. His assignments include bases in Arizona, South Korea, California, Texas, and Ohio. Chief Guest has deployed in support of Operations NORTHERN WATCH, SOUTHERN WATCH, ALLIED FORCE, NEW DAWN, ENDURING FREEDOM, INHERENT RESOLVE and FREEDOM’S SENTINEL.
Prior to his current role, he served as the Air Force Materiel Command Munitions Functional Manager, where he was responsible for providing overarching guidance to 596 munitions maintenance personnel. He provided support to three Air Logistics Complexes, four research laboratories, the Air Armament Center, the Air Force Flight Test Center, the Engineer Development Center, the Global Ammunition Control Point, the Electronic Systems Center and multiple wings at 11 bases. As the Command Munitions Manager for the 2W0 career field, he managed manpower and assignments to support the maintenance, inspection and availability of the munitions stockpile valued at 13 billion dollars.
2003 Airmen Leadership School, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.
2004 AF Combat Ammunition Planning & Production Course, Beale Air Force Base, Calif.
2004 Munitions Craftsman Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
2006 Tactical Munitions Reporting Course, Robbins Air Force Base, Ga.
2008 Weapons Safety Course, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2009 Mishap Investigation Non- Aviation Course, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M.
2009 Assessment System Hazard Surveys Course, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
2010 National Lightning Safety Institute Course, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.
2011 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
2012 A.A.S degree in Munitions Systems, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., by distance learning
2013 Senior Safety Managers Course, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M.
2013 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, by distance learning
2015 Professional Manager Certification, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2017 Bachelor of Arts, Business Management, American Military University, Charles Town, W. V.a.
2019 AF Combat Ammunition Planning & Production Course, Beale Air Force Base, Calif.
2021 Master of Business Administration, Trident University International, Chandler, Ariz.
2021 Chief Leadership Course, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2021 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, M.D.
2022 Contingency Wartime Planning Course, LeMay Center, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- September 1998 – May 2000, Munitions Storage Crew Member, 56th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
- May 2000 – May 2001, Munitions Storage Dispatcher, 8th Maintenance Squadron, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
- May 2001 – September 2008, Multiple duties within the Munitions career field, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
- *November 00 – January 01, OCN Duty, 332th Air Expeditionary Group, Al Jaber AB, Kuwait (OSW/OEF)
- *March 08 – July 08, Precession Guided Munitions Bay Chief, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Udeid AB, Qatar (OEF)
- September 2008 – October 2011, Wing Weapons Safety Manager, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
- *August 10 – February 2011, Wing Weapons Safety Manager, 455th Air Expeditionary Wing, Bagram AB, Afghanistan (OEF/OND)
- October 2011 – August 2016, Chief of Wing Weapons Safety, 412th Test Wing & Air Force Test Center, Edwards AFB, Calif.
- *July 14 – February 15, Wing Weapons Safety Manager, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Udeid AB, Qatar (OEF/OIR)
- August 2016 – May 2019, Production Flight Chief, 7th Munitions Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
- *August 18 – February 19, Production Flight Chief, 379 Expeditionary Maintenance Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar (OIR/OFS)
- February 2019 – November 2019, Superintendent, 7th Munitions Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
- November 2019 – August 2020, Superintendent, 7th Operations Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
- August 2020 – August 2021, Superintendent, 607th Materiel Maintenance Squadron, Daegu AB, Republic of Korea
- August 2021 – June 2022, MAJCOM Functional Manager, HQ AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
- June 2022 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 1st Fighter Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two bronze oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award with three bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with eight bronze oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with bronze star device
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border and two bronze oak leaf clusters NATO International Security Assistance Force Medal
2004 56th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Maintenance Professional of the Year, Support Professional
2011 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2011 AETC Explosive Safety Excellence Award
2012 AFMC Explosive Safety Outstanding Achievement Award
2012 412th Test Wing Staff Agencies SNCO of the Year
2013 AFTC Explosive Safety Outstanding Achievement Award
2013 412th Test Wing Staff Agencies SNCO of the Year
2015 412th Test Wing & Air Force Test Center (NAF) Lance P. Sijan Nominee
2016 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2016 7th Munitions Squadron SNCO of the Year
2017 7th Munitions Squadron Lance P. Sijan Nominee
2017 7th Munitions Squadron SNCO of the Year
2018 7th Bomb Wing Lt Gen Lew Allen Trophy
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant September 2019
(Current as of July 2022)