JOINT BASE LANGLEY-EUSTIS, Va., April 23, 2019 —
Peak moving season runs May through August each year with the peak of the peak between Memorial Day and July 4. Surface Deployment and Distribution Command officials want service members, federal employees and their families to know a smooth move for household goods is possible.
Transitioning to a new permanent change of station can be an exciting yet hectic experience for service members and their families, particularly during the summer peak-moving season.
The primary goal of the 733d Logistics Readiness Squadron Personal Property Processing office is to provide personnel with necessary information to help ensure they are adequately prepared for all phases of their PCS move, such as pre-move, packing, shipment pick-up and delivery at the final destination.
According to the personnel at the 733d LRS, playing an active role in planning the movement of a member’s personal effects is absolutely essential. They have assembled a list of ideas and suggestions to help ensure sure service members and their families have a smooth and successful moving experience.
· When possible, try to schedule move dates on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Avoid Monday and Friday.
· Avoid the last week of any month as tensions, delays and cancellations increase due to the sheer volume of moves.
· Provide 733d LRS counselors legible orders and documents.
· Start working on securing move dates immediately after PCS orders are in hand. Any delay will limit the Joint Personal Property Shipping Office’s ability to accommodate service members’ preferred dates. JPPSO requires 21 days in advance for booking shipments.
· Be aware that due to overall carrier capacity issues we may need to utilize origin storage in order to get your property picked up. If so, this could delay or add time to your delivery at destination.
· If pressed for time, seek alternate modes or sources of transportation such as a Personally Procured Move, formerly known as a Do-It-Yourself Move, as an option.
· Avoid making major decisions or commitments until move dates are confirmed with the Transportation Service Provider or carrier.
The JPPSO-Northeast will utilize all resources available in an effort to accommodate service members during a PCS move, but service members’ flexibility and involvement is critical throughout the stressful moving process.
For further information or questions, contact the Langley Personal Property Office at (757)764-7868/7869 or JPPSO Northeast’s Customer Service Department at 781-377-3700 or 845-3700. You may also review the information in the 733d Logistics Readiness Squadron brochure.