JOINT BASE LANGLEY-EUSTIS, Va., March 20, 2019 —
With high peak permanent change of station season approaching, the 633rd Force Support Squadron and 733rd Logistics Readiness Squadron want to emphasize the FSS and LRS roles in preparing service members for their upcoming moves.
The peak PCS season generally extends from May through August each year and often impacts the timing and support of the Household Goods program. According to the Air Force Personal Property Activity office, Joint Base Langley-Eustis has a high peak season affecting both inbound and outbound assignments.
In order for Airmen to receive their orders in a timely manner, all required documents must be submitted by the stated deadline; an in-lieu-of letter will only be issued in extreme cases or circumstances. Household goods can only be scheduled through the Travel Management Office once service members have a copy of their orders.
According to the outbound assignments office, orders will be prioritized by the Report No Later than Date for their assignments.
Additionally, if needed, Report No Later than Date change requests can be submitted through the Virtual Military Processing Flight, with coordination and approval required from both the losing and gaining commanders.
To help mitigate delays, 633rd FSS and 733rd LRS are leveling inbound/outbound assignments to the local carrier capacity to help improve the quality of moves for Airmen and their families.
The LRS Personal Property office and FSS Outbound assignments are available to provide guidance, counseling and support to anyone who needs it.
The following tips can help customers prepare for the peak season:
- Be flexible; provide both primary and alternate move dates.
- Provide valid email addresses and phone numbers that are valid and used throughout the move.
- Obtain and keep numbers and points of contact from the transportation service provider conducting the move.
- Contact Personal Property Processing Office (PPPO) immediately if the moving company doesn't initiate contact within 10 days of the scheduled pack and pick-up dates or if the company doesn't arrive on the moving day.
- Consider moving outside the peak summer season, when possible.
- Consider performing a Personally Procured Move (PPM).
For further information regarding household good moves, please contact the 733rd LRS Personal Property Office at (757) 764-4151/2090. For further information regarding Outbound Assignments, please contact 633rd FSS Outbound Assignments at (757) 764-7047/ 3026.