Colonel Sean K. Tyler is the Commander, 633d Air Base Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va. As the Joint Base Commander, he commands three groups, providing installation support to more than 18,000 Air Force and Army personnel, including Headquarters Air Combat Command, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command, four operational wings, eight brigades, and more than 20 major associate units. Colonel Tyler is also responsible for providing mission-ready expeditionary Airmen to combatant commanders in support of joint and combined operations worldwide.
Colonel Tyler was born in Vicenza, Italy. He was commissioned through Officer Training School in 1995. As a career logistics readiness officer, he has served at unit, major command, and Headquarters Air Force level and has deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kuwait. Colonel Tyler has commanded a
logistics readiness squadron, an expeditionary logistics readiness squadron, and an expeditionary mission support group. Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Tyler served as the Executive Officer to the Director, Defense Logistics Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va. In this capacity, he supported the agency in all aspects of combat logistics support to the Combatant Commanders, Services, and Whole of Government partners, synchronizing effort of 25 thousand personnel in 38 foreign countries at 5 field activities across 9 supply chains.
1. February 1995 - September 1997, Fuels Mgt Flight CC, 2d Supply Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
2. September 1997 - November 1998, Flight CC, Management and Systems, and Materiel Management
Flights, 374th Supply Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan.
3. November 1998 - October 1999, Executive Officer, 374th Logistics Group, Yokota AB, Japan.
4. October 1999 - July 2000, Deputy Chief of Supply, 374th Supply Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan.
5. July 2000 - June 2002, Air Force Intern Program, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
6. June 2002 - June 2003, Vehicle Mgt Flight CC, 1st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
7. June 2003 - May 2005, Executive Officer, 1st Fighter Wing, Langley AFB, Va.
8. May 2005 - May 2006, Chief, Command Readiness Spares, Materiel Management Division, Director of
Maintenance and Logistics, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
9. May 2006 - July 2007, Senior Mentor to Afghan National Army 201st Corps Chief of Logistics, 201st
Regional Security Advisory Command, Camp Blackhorse, Kabul, Afghanistan.
10. August 2007 - June 2009, Chief, LRO Education, Directorate of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for
Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. July 2009 - July 2011, Commander, 436th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Dover AFB, Del. and
Commander, 387th Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Sq, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait (March – August 2010).
12. July 2011 - May 2013, Deputy Commander, 633d Mission Support Group, Jt. Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
13. June 2013 - January 2014, Commander, 451st Expeditionary Mission Support Group, Kandahar Airfield,
14. February 2014 - July 2014, Deputy, Logistics Readiness Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force,
15. August 2014 - June 2015, Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, National
Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington D.C.
16. June 2015 - June 2016, Chief of Staff, DLA Acquisition, Defense Logistics Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
17. July 2016 - June 2017, Executive Officer to the Director, Defense Logistics Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
18. June 2017 - present, Commander, 633d Air Base Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Bronze Star with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant 27 Jan 95
First Lieutenant 27 Jan 97
Captain 27 Jan 99
Major 1 May 05
Lieutenant Colonel 1 Mar 09
Colonel 1 Oct 13
(Current as of March 2018)