Colonel Gregory S. Beaulieu is the Commander, 633d Air Base Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va. As the Joint Base Commander, he commands three groups, providing installation support to more than 18,000 Air Force and Army personnel, including Headquarters Air Combat Command, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command, four operational wings, eight brigades, and more than 20 major associate units. Col. Beaulieu is also responsible for providing mission-ready expeditionary Airmen to combatant commanders in support of joint and combined operations worldwide.
Col. Beaulieu entered the Air Force in 1999 as a graduate of Florida State University and holds an undergraduate degree in History and a graduate degree in National Security Strategy from the National War College. He has served in a wide variety of assignments at the base level, major command, joint task force, Combatant Command, Headquarters Air Force, and has operational experience in both Central America and Afghanistan. During his time in Afghanistan, he served as the liaison officer between the President of Afghanistan and the Commander, Headquarters International Security and Assistance Force and most recently as the Commander, 455th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan. Prior to this assignment, Col Beaulieu was the Commander, 325th Mission Support Group, Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida.
1999 Bachelor of Arts in History, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
1999 Basic Personnel Officer Course, Keesler AFB, MS
1999 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, AL
2000 Master of Business Administration, Bellevue University, Omaha, NE
2005 Squadron Officer School (Top-Third Graduate), Maxwell AFB, AL
2006 Military Personnel Flight Commander’s Course, Maxwell AFB, AL
2008 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, AL
2011 Air Force Intern Program, Foreign Policy Fellowship, Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
2013 Air War College, by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, AL
2016 National War College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2016 Masters in National Security Strategy, National War College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
- May 1999 – May 2000, Sq Section Commander, 45th Reconnaissance Squadron, Offutt AFB, NE
- May 2000 – May 2001, Chief, Relocation and Employment, 55th Mission Support Squadron, Offutt AFB, NE
- May 2001 – Oct 2001, Sq Section Commander, 55th Maintenance Squadron, Offutt AFB, NE
- Oct 2001 – Jul 2004, Support Flight Commander, 367th Recruiting Group, Robins AFB, GA
- Jul 2004 – Feb 2006, Chief, Support and Education Requirements, HQ AETC/DP, Randolph AFB, TX
- Feb 2006 – Jun 2007, Executive Officer to the AETC A2/3, HQ AETC A2/3, Randolph AFB, TX
- Jun 2007 – Mar 2009, Commander, Military Personnel Flight, 12th Mission Support Squadron, Randolph AFB, TX
- Mar 2009 – Sep 2009, Chief, Senior Leader Development Branch, HQ AF/A1D, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- Sep 2009 – Jul 2010, Chief, Officer Force Development Branch, HQ AF/A1D, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- Jul 2010 – Jun 2011, Foreign Policy Fellow (POLAD) in the Office of the Chief of Staff of the Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- Jun 2011 – Jul 2013, Philippines Country Director, SE Asia Policy Division, HQ USPACOM/J52, Camp H.M. Smith, HI
- Jul 2013 – Jul 2015, Commander, 633d Force Support Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA
- Jul 2015 – Jun 2016, Student, National War College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
- Jul 2016 – May 2018, Chief, Strategic Plans and Operations, Readiness Division, HQ USEUCOM/J1RP, Patch Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany.
- May 2018 – Mar 2019, Chief, EUCOM Manpower & Personnel Division, HQ USEUCOM/J1E, Patch Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany.
- Apr 2019 – Jun 2021, Commander, 325th Mission Support Group, Tyndall AFB, FL.
- Jun 2021 – Present, Commander, 633d Air Base Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
- Jun 2011 – Jun 2013, Philippines Country Director, HQ USPACOM/J5, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii, as a major and lieutenant colonel
- Jul 2016 – May 2018, Chief, Strategic Plans and Operations, HQ USEUCOM/J1RP, Patch Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany as a lieutenant colonel.
- May 2018 – Jan 2019, Chief, EUCOM Manpower & Personnel Division, HQ USEUCOM/J1E, Patch Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany as a colonel.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with two bronze stars
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
NATO Medal, HQ ISAF
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 1999
First Lieutenant Jun 2001
Captain Jun 2003
Major Nov 2008
Lieutenant Colonel Nov 2012
Colonel May 2018
(Current as of June 2021)