PHASE 2 | Phase 2: Traffic signal light is removed and construction begins on the north half of the roundabout
TRAFFIC IMPACT | Minimal through August as the existing traffic signal will remain operational.
- Intersection will be closed Sat/Sun 29-30 Oct for the contractor to take down the light signal and poles; follow the detour signs
- Drivers may begin using the southern half of the roundabout on Monday Oct 31 and Hammond Avenue reopens
- However, no left turns onto Nealy from northbound Hammond nor from westbound Sweeney
- From northbound Hammond and westbound Sweeney, to reach Nealy and the LaSalle Gate, continue west on Sweeney and detour to the south
- Do not exceed 10 mph through the construction area to ensure construction worker safety.
- Consider using the King Street and NASA Gates to reduce traffic volume though the construction site
- Contractor will begin work 0900 daily after the AM rush hour