Home : Post Office
Forward Mail
To assist you in your arrival, you may have your mail forwarded to General Delivery at our Postal Service Center (PSC). Use your name instead of the words "General Delivery" in the address; otherwise, your mail to get misrouted by the U.S. Postal Service. The PSC is located at 49 Spruce Street. Hours of operation are 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., and 2 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, except for legal holidays. 

Dormitory residence
If you expect to reside in a dormitory, you may request an advance lockbox through your sponsor. This may be done up to 90 days before your reporting date. To make the request, your sponsor will need a copy of your orders to take to the PSC. Should your assignment be canceled, please notify the PSC Manager at DSN 574-2200. Once you arrive, you may bring change of address cards along with a copy of your orders to the Base Information Transfer Center (49 Dodd Blvd.) and we will apply postage for you. 

General Delivery
If you're using General Delivery, we can only hold your mail for 10 days once you arrive unless otherwise notified by you. If you are unable to pick up your mail for any period exceeding 10 days, please contact the PSC so they can make other arrangements. 

General Delivery On Base 
Your Rank & Name
49 Spruce St
PCS Box 1000
Langley AFB, VA 23665-2800
(757) 764-2200 

Permanent Address
Once you have a permanent address and have moved in, please notify us. We will forward your mail to that address for a period of not more than 12 months. If you are moving into a temporary address while awaiting permanent housing, we suggest that you continue to receive your mail through General Delivery until you are permanently situated. We will, however, send your mail to your temporary address if you prefer. 

Although we do not recommend it, if there is some valid reason you require a PSC lockbox, we will issue you one with the understanding that you must surrender that lockbox upon moving into a permanent residence. In accordance with DOD 4525.6-M, you can't keep the lockbox after moving into a permanent residence serviced by the United States Postal Service without a waiver from the Installation Commander.