Chenega Operations Services/Chugach Management Services Inc. maintain the Hazmart/90-Day Central Accumulation Point operations for Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Hampton, Va.
The Hazmart Pharmacy is responsible for the authorization and monitoring of all hazardous materials on the installation. The 90-Day CAP is responsible for curbside pickup of hazardous waste and preparing and processing of hazardous waste. Our objective is to manage a cradle-to-grave Hazmat process. Our responsibilities include:
· Provide Environmental Materials Information System (EMIS) familiarization to all base personnel
· Provide Government Purchase Card briefings
· Provide curbside pickup of hazardous waste from base organizations (This program is not for base housing residents)
· Provide timely processing of hazardous waste
· Provide quality services to our customers
· Promote and provide a free issue and reutilization program
· Promote the use of environmentally friendly alternative products
The Hazmart Pharmacy is located in the 633rd Logistic Readiness Squadron building, located at 23 Sweeney Blvd. building 330. The 90-Day CAP facility is located at 510 Poplar Road, building 1390. The hours of operation are from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays through Fridays at both facilities.
The Joint Base Langley-Eustis Hazmart/90-Day CAP team consists of the following:
Thomas Leonard Garnette Shepherd Keion McDaniels
Site Manager EMIS Specialist Material Handler
Raymond Kelsey/James Newborn
Tips for GPC Purchasing Procedures:
Before making your hazmat purchase, you will need to contact the Hazmart. Hazmart will verify your authorization to purchase the material and provide you with a control number to order the item(s). Once received, the following information is required by Hazmart to process the material and issue barcodes which authorizes possession of your hazardous items:
1. The NSN (national stock number) or Control Number.
2. Quantity Purchased.
3. Your shop's EMIS (L) Number
4. Lot and/or Batch Number from material
5. Expiration / Next Test Date (if applicable).
6. Manufacture Information
We update our "Free issue" listing on a weekly basis. This can be emailed to you by sending a request to: email@example.com
For more information concerning the Langley Hazmart Pharmacy/90-Day CAP, contact any of the individuals listed above at 764-3837 for Hazmart issues and 225-5808/5809 for hazardous waste issues. Our fax number is 764-4618.