|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT EMMETTE E. BUSH JR.|
Chief Master Sergeant Emmette E. Bush Jr. is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 1st Fighter Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va. He provides direction for the 1st Fighter Wing enlisted force and represents their interests, as appropriate, to senior military leaders, professional military organizations and community partners. Chief Bush works directly for the Wing Commander and advises him on all issues regarding the welfare, readiness, morale and proper utilization and progress of the 1,200 enlisted personnel assigned to the 1st Fighter Wing.
Chief Bush entered the Air Force in January 1986. He graduated from the fuels operator specialist course at Chanute Air Force Base, Ill., in April 1986. His background includes various duties in fuels at the unit level. Throughout his career, he has filled a myriad of roles including First Sergeant and as part of the Air Force's "Tops in Blue". His assignments include bases in Kansas, Florida, Mississippi and Texas. The chief also served overseas in Germany, South Korea, Japan and deployed in support of Operations Southern Watch and Enduring Freedom.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Commandant of the First Sergeant Academy at Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
1986 Fuels Technical Training Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
1991 Aerial Bulk Fuels Delivery System, MacDill AFB, Fla.
1996 Fuels Accounting Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1996 Defense Fuels Aviation Management Course, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1996 Fuels Automated System Course, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1998 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2001 Senior Noncommissioned Academy Correspondence Course
2002 U.S. Air Force First Sergeant Academy
2002 Associate of Applied Science degree in Logistics Management, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Associate of Applied Science degree in Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Chief's Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 AFSO 21 & Senior Leaders Courses, Center for Executive Education, University of Tennessee, Tenn.
2012 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
2012 Professional Manager's Certificate, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of Virginia, Darden School of Business, Charlottesville, Va.
1. January 1986 - February 1986, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. February 1986 - April 1986, Student, Fuels Basic Technical Training School, Chanute AFB, Ill.
3. May 1986 - September 1989, Fuels Operator, 384th Supply Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
4. October 1989 - October 1990, Fuels Controller, 8th Supply Squadron, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
5. November 1990 - August 1994, Fuels Training/Mobility NCO, 325th Supply Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
6. September 1994 - September 1995, Fuels Training/Mobility NCO, 51st Supply Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
7. October 1995 - October 2000, NCOIC, Fuels Accounting, 81st Supply Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
8. November 2000 - August 2001, Superintendent, Fuels Storage, 18th Supply Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
9. September 2001 - November 2003, First Sergeant, 33rd Rescue Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
10. December 2003 - July 2005, First Sergeant, 14th Mission Support Group, Columbus AFB, Miss.
11. July 2005 - February 2006, First Sergeant, 14th Operations Group, Columbus AFB, Miss.
12. March 2006 - October 2006, First Sergeant, 435th Medical Squadron, Landstuhl, Germany
13. October 2006 - April 2008, First Sergeant, 435th Medical Group, Ramstein AB, Germany
14. April 2008 - May 2010, First Sergeant, Headquarters Third Air Force, Ramstein AB, Germany
15. May 2010 - July 2011, First Sergeant, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
16. August 2011 - June 2013, Commandant, U.S. Air Force First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
17. July 2013 - present, Command Chief, 1st Fighter Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with five oak leaf clusters
1988 John L. Levitow Award, NCO Preparatory Course
1988 First Sergeant Diamond Award, NCO Preparatory Course
1998 81st Supply Squadron Senior Fuels Technician of the Year
2002 Distinguished Graduate, U.S. Air Force First Sergeant Academy
2002 18th Operations Group First Sergeant of the Year
2005 14th Flying Training Wing First Sergeant of the Year
2007 435th Air Base Wing First Sergeant of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant 1 July 2010
(Current as of July 2013)