|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT TRAE R. KING|
Chief Master Sergeant Trae R. King is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 633rd Air Base Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va. She is the senior enlisted leader responsible to the 633 ABW Commander on enlisted issues and provides senior enlisted mentorship to more than 6,000 Air Force and Army personnel. The 633 ABW provides installation support to more than 100,000 military, civilian, and family members at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, which includes Headquarters Air Combat Command, three operational wings, two brigades, and 20 major associate units.
Chief King was born and raised in Cleveland and joined the Air Force in April 1985. She began her career as a personnel journeyman and has served in various key leadership positions to include 374th Airlift Wing Career Assistance Advisor, superintendent, Enlisted Force Development, Air Force Personnel Center and superintendent, 11th Mission Support Group, 11th Wing, Bolling AFB. Chief King deployed with the Army in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM and served as the first-ever AF R5 Plans and Program team chief. She is also a published author.
1988 NCO Preparatory Course, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
1998 A.A.S Degree in Human Resource Mgmt/Personnel Admin, Community College of the Air Force
1999 NCO Academy, Kadena Air Base, Japan
2002 A.A.S. Business Administration Management, University of Maryland, Md.
2003 Bachelor of Science Degree, Business Admin Management, University of Maryland, Md.
2005 SNCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2008 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2008 Masters of Arts Degree in Human Resource Management, Webster University
2010 Senior Enlisted Leaders Conference, Maxwell Air Force Base, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2010 Shore Station Senior Leadership Course, Washington Navy Yard, District of Columbia
2011 AFSO21 Executive Leadership Course, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
2011 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg Pa.
2012 Enterprise Management Seminar, Darden Executive Education, University of Virginia
1. April 1985 - June 1985, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base Texas
2. June 1985 - August 1985, Student, Personnel Specialist Course, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
3. August 1985 - June 1989, Personnel/Orders Clerk, 3507 Airman Classification Squadron, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
4. June 1989 - June 1993, Personnel Clerk, 50th Security Forces Squadron, Hahn Air Base Germany
5. June 1993 - December 1998, Orderly Room Clerk and NCOIC Evaluations & Decorations, 1st Security Forces Squadron and 1st Mission Support Squadron, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
6. December 1998 - January 1999, Chief, Customer Assistance, 51st Mission Support Squadron, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
7. January 1999 - June 2003, Chief Personnel Plans & Programs/Career Asst Advisor, 5th Air Force, Yokota Air Base, Japan
8. June 2003 - June 2005, Superintendent, Career Enhancement Branch, 39th Mission Support Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
9. June 2005 - February 2008 Superintendent, Enlisted Force Development & Supt Employment Branch, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
10. February 2008 - February 2009 Superintendent, 12th Force Support Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
11. February 2009 - February 2010, Chief, Deployed Theater Accountability Systems, 143rd Expeditionary Sustainment Command, Transit Center at Manas, Kyrgyzstan
12. February 2010 - 30 September 2010, Superintendent, 11th Mission Support Group, Bolling AFB, DC
13. October 2010 -- May 2012, Senior Enlisted Leader, Joint Base-Anacostia Bolling, DC
14. May 2012 -- present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver and one bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
1999 374th Airlift Wing Lance P. Sijan Award Winner
1999 5AF Lance P. Sijan Award Winner
2006 HQ USAF Personnel Mgr of the Year (SNCO Category)
2012 White House Communication Agency's Extraordinary Woman of the Yr
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Oct. 1985
Airman 1st Class Aug. 1986
Senior Airman April 30,1988
Sergeant May 1, 1989
Staff Sergeant Nov. 1,1993
Technical Sergeant July 1,1997
Master Sergeant May 1, 2001
Senior Master Sergeant Feb. 1, 2005
Chief Master Sergeant Oct. 1, 2008
(Current as of June 2012)