|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT KEVIN J HOWELL|
Chief Master Sergeant Kevin J. Howell is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 633d Air Base Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va. He is the senior enlisted leader responsible to the 633 ABW Commander on enlisted issues and provides senior enlisted mentorship to more than 6,000 Air Force and Army personnel. The 633 ABW provides installation support to more than 100,000 military, civilian, and family members at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, which includes Headquarters Air Combat Command, three operational wings, 2 brigades, and 20 major associate units.
Chief Howell enlisted in the Air Force in January 1983 as an Aerospace Control and Warning Systems Operator. He has served in a variety of assignments in tactical ground and air operations to include deployments to Operations NORTHERN and SOUTHERN WATCH, Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, USSOUTHCOM Counter Drug Operations and CJTF-HORN OF AFRICA. Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Headquarters Air Combat Command Directorate of Operations Chief Enlisted Manager and the Command Career Enlisted Aviator Functional Manager.
1984 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
1986 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, MacDill AFB, Fla.
1992 Associates in Applied Science, Airways Science, Community College of the Air Force
1993 Bachelors of Science, Business Management, University of Maryland
1994 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
1998 Master's of Science. Natural and Applied Science, Oklahoma State University
1999 Associates in Applied Science, Instructor of Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2000 Master Instructor and Occupational Instructor Certification, Air University
2004 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2007 Chiefs Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2008 Mentor, Chiefs Leadership Course, Maxwell Gunter AFB, Ala.
2009 Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century Executive Leadership Course; University of Tennessee
2010 Senior Leader Executive MQ-1 Predator Sensor Operator Course, Creech AFB, Nev.
1. April 1983 - December 1985, Surveillance operator, E-3 coordinator, weapons technician, 11 Tactical Control Group, Elmendorf, AFB, Alaska
2. January 1986 - January 1988, Aerostat operator, NCOIC Standards and Evaluation, Detachment 1, SEADS, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station/Patrick AFB, Fla.
3. January 1988 - January 1990, Weapons Technician, NCOIC Exercise Evaluation Team, 606th Tactical Control Squadron, Basdahl, Germany
4. January 1990 - January 1993, Korean Theater Air Control Center senior operations duty technician, fighter duty technician, NCOIC Operations Training, NCOIC Standards and Evaluations, 603rd Tactical Air Control Squadron, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
5. January 1993 - August 1993, Student; weapons director, 325th Tactical Control Training Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
6. September 1993 - November 1995, Weapons director, NCOIC Exercises and NCOIC, Tactics, 963d Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
7. November 1995 - September 1996, Instructor weapons director, NCOIC Weapons Training, 552 Training Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
8. September 1996 - September 1998, Superintendent, mission crew training, weapons training development manager, Detachment 6, Air Combat Command Training Support Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
9. September 1998 - September 2002, Assistant school superintendent, Directorate Superintendent, 325th Air Control Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
10. September 2002 - April 2007, Squadron superintendent, 963d Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
11. April 2007 - August 2007, Squadron superintendent, 966th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
12. August 2007 - October 2008, Squadron superintendent, 962nd Airborne Air Control Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
13. October 2008 - September 2009, Group superintendent, 611th Air Support Group, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
14. September 2009 - January 2010, Group superintendent, 449th Air Expeditionary Group, Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti
15. February 2010 - April 2011, Headquarters ACC Director of Operations, Chief Enlisted Manager, HQ ACC career enlisted aviator career field manager, HQ ACC, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
16. May 2011 - present, Command chief master sergeant, 633d Air Base Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
2004 552nd Air Control Wing Outstanding SNCO Aircrew Member of the Year
2002 325th Operations Group SNCO of the Year
2002 325th Fighter Wing Outstanding SNCO Aircrew Member of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Staff Sergeant: June 1, 1986
Technical Sergeant: Jan. 1, 1993
Master Sergeant: Feb. 1, 1998
Senior Master Sergeant: Sept. 1, 2003
Chief Master Sergeant: May 1, 2007
(Current as of June 2011)